First Annual Handmade Jewelry Contest 2016
The Crown Jewel is excited to announce its first ever Handmade Jewelry Contest. Our purpose is to continue celebrating and honoring local and regional jewelry making, and to select cream-of-the-crop new artists to feature in our stores. The Crown Jewel of Ashland and Jacksonville have been featuring over 30 local and regional artists in our shops for more than 10 years. Our customers should feel confident they are seeing the best and most vital of local artistry, and we know they value helping new artists get their start. What better way to find and encourage new artists than an annual contest?
~ Rules and How to Enter ~
Deadline: All Entries must be received by March 14, 2016. Five Finalists will be chosen by March 18 and will be on display in store for 2 weeks. Winner chosen April 4, 2016.
How to Enter:
Email the following to email@example.com :
1) 1-5 photos of your work, showing 3-8 pieces of jewelry total
2) Brief description of jewelry, including desired retail prices
3) Your name, preferred contact info, a brief bio including your location
Who Can Enter:
Contest is open to any artist not already carried by The Crown Jewel, and not currently employed by The Crown Jewel. Contest is open to all styles and materials of jewelry, with pieces judged on quality, appeal, wearability, artistry, and vitality.
What You Win:
The Contest Finalists (5) will be displayed in our Ashland store for two weeks. The Contest Winner will receive an agreement to be carried by The Crown Jewel Ashland for not less than 3 months, with pieces for sale in our shop.
Five Finalists Agree to:
1) Have jewelry pictured in print or online, along with name
2) Provide 2-4 pieces to be displayed in The Crown Jewel Ashland by March 25. Pieces will be returned to finalists in April. Artists will provide return shipping for pieces that cannot be picked up in person.
Winner Agrees To:
1) Have jewelry pictured in print or online, along with name.
2) Provide jewelry pieces of similar quality, style, and retail price to those submitted in contest within 2 weeks after contest end.
3) Provide at least 5 pieces, and not more than 20, to be either consigned with or purchased by The Crown Jewel.
4) Allow The Crown Jewel to carry the pieces for sale for at least 3 months.
5) Allow The Crown Jewel to display the pieces in manner and location at our discretion.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the Contact Us form.